In recent years, multiple nutrient recovery and reuse (NRR) technologies have been developed and tested in pilot facilities and proven to be ready for implementation at large scale. SYSTEMIC has selected the most promising NRR technologies and aspires to implement these on five state-of-the-art anaerobic digestion demonstration plants in order to demonstrate that the combination of anaerobic digestion and nutrient recovery forms a prerequisite for the valorisation of biowaste in an economically viable manner.
SYSTEMIC will deliver:
- Schemes of the different nutrient recovery processes
- LCA’s on the proposed approaches and products
- A business development package
- A science-business-policy dialogue
- A roadmap for systemic innovation
More documents to come soon!